Join the Oklahoma Chiller team for a rewarding full-time career opportunity. We are looking for a driven, hardworking, and motivated mid-level to senior technician with a desire to develop and grow personally and professionally with a growing Commercial HVAC industry leader.
Individuals in this role must have a clean driving record and be a licensed mechanical journeyman (unlimited) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the commercial/industrial HVAC industry.
Successful candidates will be responsible for, and should have extensive experience: installing, inspecting, and repairing heating, cooling, and ventilation systems and competently work with minimum supervision.
Technician Responsibilities and Duties
- Technicians are responsible for servicing and maintaining various types and brands of equipment at the customer jobsite. Individuals in this role should have verifiable experience installing, performing preventive maintenance and repairing the following equipment: package units up to 100 tons, pumps, AHUs, VFDs and cooling towers, air cooled chillers up to 100 tons, atmospheric boilers, centrifugal chillers, large reciprocating, scroll and screw air conditioning and/or refrigeration systems and large tonnage chilled water systems.
- Technicians must have mastered refrigeration cycles to include identifying components in advanced refrigeration circuits, understanding how each component works, diagnosing and correcting problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance and to troubleshooting. Technician must also competently follow proper refrigerant recovery, evacuation and charging procedures.
Technician Qualifications and Skills
- Must be hardworking, dependable motivated team player that is willing/eager to learn and be developed
- Must hold state HVAC technician license (Unlimited) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Have a Universal EPA license
- Must have a valid state issued driver’s license
- Certification or associate degree in HVAC from a technical school
- Possess a mid to master level understanding of refrigeration cycle
- Possess strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex HVAC issues to customers in a way they understand
- Must be punctual and adhere to a daily schedule with multiple appointments in different locations
- Be available to work nights and/or weekends on a rotating basis to support after hours and emergency needs
- Basic computer skills and software knowledge
- Have a desire to lead and/or develop peers
- Possess the ability to estimate and lead equipment changeout projects
- Must have verifiable work experience